Gourmet Gift Baskets

GourmetGiftBaskets.com (Chalifour Flowers and Gourmet)
Please support our affiliate sponsors!

Friday, July 20, 2007

Blog Tag - I'm It - One Thing I Learned at Affiliate Summit Miami

So, I've been tagged in this game of BLOG TAG, which is a very fun concept, indeed! (Especially for a BLOGAHOLIC like me!) How's that for a new made up word?

I pretty much got myself into the game by requesting to be tagged, with my "pick me" pick me" tactic. But then when I was tagged today, I realized part of the game is to tag other bloggers, but since I wasn't there, I don't know anyone else to tag other than those who have already been tagged. Even though I wasn't at the Affiliate Summit in Miami, my company was being represented by my colleagues at TenGoldenRules.com.

I learned what a difference a cool give away item can make in helping to attract affiliates to your booth! You know, the "Free Bees" or "Gimmies" or "Chotchkes". Jay Berkowitz and Kathryn Katz helped coached me and helped me pick out the coveted laughing pens that we ordered and had customized and, as I'm told, they were a big hit. Hopefully, all the Trick or Treaters who come by getting them just to get stuff will also consider signing up for the Extreme Halloween Network Affiliate Program. There are plenty of times I have gone to a booth at a trade show either because of a free giveaway that I wanted or a contest and then realized that the company really had something great to offer. I never would have known if it weren't for the fun free bee they offered.

So, the lesson learned today, is get free stuff!!?? No, not really, the lesson learned should be check out booths at the shows, it only takes a couple seconds but the company info could be invaluable.

No comments: